Saturday, 8 December 2012

Cover Story

Having just dug this out, it makes me sad to think that all that remains of my 70's Vogue's are the covers, but I ran out of room at the time, it's as simple as that. Glad I kept the covers though, even if they don't quite fit the scanner. This one's from July 1976 featuring Jerry Hall by Barry Lategan.


  1. One of my favourite Vogue covers ever, mainly because of the dress Jerry is wearing. It's a fabulous 'Yuki' design, draped to perfection. There are a couple of scans from that particular issue here if you are interested:
    What a shame that you had to get rid of the magazines, I love flicking though old copies when I am lucky enough to find them :)

    1. Yes, beautiful dress isn't it! Thanks for the link I checked it out - and as for getting rid of stuff, there's always a point when you're bored at looking at things because they are too familiar. It seems to take about 30 years for things to look retro enough to become interesting again. I kept the best covers and some of the best fashion shoots anyway.


Your comments are very welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...